Whew. Let me say something right now. I love this particular verse in The Message Bible .
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 Stay calm; mind your own business; do your own job. You’ve heard all this from us before, but a reminder never hurts. We want you living in a way that will command the respect of outsiders, not lying around sponging off your friends.
Years ago God gave me this verse to read while I was in the military. At first, I believed that God was just dealing with me about the fact that I literally HAD to cease entertaining bad company who gossip. Now I see that God was saying that and something more, as He always will.
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. What does this mean?
- (Confess: I need this to) Stop looking at gossip sites on social media. Social media can be a great way to share a image, post Bible verses, and even plan for a family reunion. However, when you don’t have self-control and can become a waste of time. You will find yourself caught up in the world of a small time celebrity or a demonic person (a rapper or singer) who does not know your nor cares about your well being. Or something worse can happen, you could be caught in fantasies about someone you don’t know. This is why the Holy Spirit tells us in 1 Thessalonians 4 to mind your own business. It’s good for you.
- A deception that some believers face is believing that they don’t have to work. The Word of God says in Proverbs 6:6-11 You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two. Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing? How long before you get out of bed? A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy-do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent houseguest!
- Sometimes we are so mean and we walk in the spirit of offense when someone reminds of what we are supposed to be doing. Have you ever considered that maybe that person that tried to remind you of what you should be doing was sent by God? The next time someone tries to remind of you something keep this verse (from the New Living Translation) in your soul Psalm 105:15 “Do not touch my chosen people, and do not hurt my prophets.”
- Everyone is not out to get you. There are people who want you living the good life. This is the thing. The people who want you living the good life FEAR GOD. There are people who smile at you but there heart is not with you because they do not fear God. I suggest you fast and pray for God to reveal these people so you don’t waste your time. Proverbs 9 MSG Lady Wisdom Gives a Dinner Party 1-6 Lady Wisdom has built and furnished her home; its supported by seven hewn timbers. The banquet meal is ready to be served: lamb roasted, wine poured out, table set with silver and flowers. Having dismissed her serving maids, Lady Wisdom goes to town, stands in a prominent place, and invites everyone within sound of her voice: “Are you confused about life, don’t know what’s going on? Come with me, oh come, have dinner with me! I’ve prepared a wonderful spread- fresh-baked bread, roast lamb, carefully selected wines. Leave your impoverished confusion and live! Walk up the street to a life with meaning.” 7-12 If you reason with an arrogant cynic, you’ll get slapped in the face; confront bad behavior and get a kick in the shins. So don’t waste your time on a scoffer; all you’ll get for your pains is abuse. But if you correct those who care about life, that’s different-they’ll love you for it! Save your breath for the wise-they’ll be wiser for it; tell good people what you know-they’ll profit from it. Skilled living gets its start in the Fear-of-God, insight into life from knowing a Holy God. It’s through me, Lady Wisdom, that your life deepens, and the years of your life ripen. Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life; mock life and life will mock you.
- If you follow this verse it will command the respect of others. That’s the good life. If you struggle with being lazy you need to repent and ask God for help so that you can be set free from that spirit. It is not good to live fear and bondage. It is not good to be lazy. But it is good to mind your own business and work. 2 Thessalonians 3:10-13 MSG Don’t remember the rule we had when we lived with you? “If you don’t work , you don’t eat.” And now we’re getting reports that a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings are taking advantage of you. This must not be tolerated. We command them to get to work immediately-no excuses, no arguments- and earn their own keep, Friends, don’t slack off in doing your duty.
- Main YouTube Channel – all things *Click Here To Watch And Subscribe*
- My Topic YouTube Channel with my music (also available for purchase on CD BABY *Click Here To Purchase* Look Below To Listen
- Below are my books available on Amazon for purchase
Follow Me on Instagram @lovesicksos58 *Click Here*
If you would me to come speak email : AllThingsRomans@gmail.com